Friday, September 25, 2009

I Am Insufficient

I am come to the point of insufficiency. I am not able to do what I will need to do on my own, but I hope that I stay that way. I will speak on Saturday in the youth group here and I have nothing to tell them... nothing at least I feel that way. All my thoughts seem dried up. All my thoughts seem to come to a dead end. I am called to be a pastor but will there come a day when I go before men to speak about God without fear and trembling? Will there come a day when I come to a pulpit confident that I have what it takes to speak to them about God without His help? I hope I never even once speak before men like that. 2 Corinthians 12:9 But he said unto me "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. I am weak guys. I fail often and I fall often and I have nothing to share on Saturday but I gladly tell you about my weakness so that Christ's power might rest on me. I have discovered the secret to power. It is humility, it is weakness. How can this be? When I seek not my glory but Christ's then God eagerly desires to demonstrate the glory of his Son. This then is the secret, when I can not boast except in Christ God moves his hand powerfully. Paul was humble and that is the secret to what God did with him. Paul means small or humble. Paul lived up to his name. May I live up to mine as well. I said I was insufficient, but the truth is I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me because without Him I can do nothing. I fell into a trap of the enemy that said if you pray hard that is the secret to doing great things for God. I prayed hard and long and fell on my back in the mud. Why? I had it all wrong. We do not do great things FOR God. No, when we seek the glory of the Son GOD does great things FOR Christ through us. We get no glory, all glory goes to God alone. We can not pray hard or long enough to move God's hand. We can however seek Christ and His glory and God will move heaven and earth to answer our prayers if we trust Him. But we can be confident that if we seek the glory of the Son that our prayers will be answered, so we will receive everything we ask in Jesus' name. Why don't you pray now? Pray seeking the glory of the Son. Not that his glory would be your own, but that He would receive all the glory. You will receive all you ask if you believe the word of God who is Jesus who said, "I tell you the truth, my Father will give you whatever you ask in my name." John 16:23

1 comment:

Popular Posts

Favorite Blogs. (Inclusion is not an endorsement of all the views represented.)