Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The Spirit is Willing - Eric Ludy

Every once in a while I like to share a Youtube video that has ministered to me, so this week I would like to share this message from Eric Ludy, the author of over a dozen books and President of Ellerslie School of Honor

This is not the first time I have shared things from him, but I always am impressed by the quality and the power of the messages from the site and can't resist sharing them. 

This is a strong word about the problem of YOU! Our faith is in Satan when we think that God is not big enough to free us from the control of sin and selfishness. We know failure so well that we have more faith in the power of Satan than in God! 

I am hesitating on the brink of giving my life. Yes, I am admitting that I am hesitating. Yes, I did give all when I said, "Jesus you are Lord," but I am again faced with a decision, will I really cash in on what I said I have given God? The "cost" that is associated with this death to self is no cost at all, but instead, if we measure out with big buckets God will measure back with the same buckets.

I have heard these things now and for a long time... I still need the gospel. I need it today, and today is not enough for tomorrow so I need it tomorrow as well.

I am willing but I am weak. I am willing to be made willing.



If you do not see the youtube video above you can click on the link below or copy and paste it into your browser.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viyoljLicqo

 David

6 comments:

  1. Hi david,

    I just wanted to say thanks for posting that video. It left me thinking about my own view on sin and how often times I compare myself with others and say, "Look! I'm not as bad as that guy," or, "He's sinning more than I am, so, I'm alright."
    It's just like the pharisee and the publican! I take on the thoughts of the pharisee, and justify my own actions by comparing them with others. I want this to change. No more excuses. This video has helped encourage me to plead with God, "Forgive me, a sinner" and stop thinking about others.

    My spirit is willing. "The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak." (Matthew 26:41) Pray that my flesh is not made weak again.

    I have been visiting your blog every day. Continue pressing onward for Jesus, David!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment Jason. It is encouraging to hear that someone is getting something from this blog.

    My heart burns within me when I hear messages like this and I am not just using a figure of speech. I think that it actually does in a spiritual sense.

    Luke 24:32 (KJV) And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're very welcome, David. My heart burned within me too, espescially at the beginning when Eric Ludy talked about undermining the gospel and how if you are living not living the life of Jesus Christ you are living under a false baner of the truth. I know that I have not obeyed the great Commission which Jesus has commanded of me. I know this needs to change. I am willing for it to change. I fear man. I am afraid of getting a bad reputation, losing family or close friends, or being mistreated for the Gospel's sake, and I know how wrong this is. How can I claim Christ if I am not living out his commandment? I need change. I need revival, I admit. Boldness of the Gospel is what is truly missing in my life.

    "And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life." Matthew 19:29

    I read this early this morning. If I want eternal life, this is what I must do. I also have came across this verse recently and it has brought fear to my soul:

    "And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth." (Matthew 25:30)

    I am an unprofitable servant right now; I am doing nothing for God's Kingdom. I can't even tell my family, the people I love the most, about my faith. How wretched I am that I show so little care, when in truth, I really do care for their souls. I am praying for true renewing of my spirit right now to be brought close once again to The Lord.

    Jason

    ReplyDelete
  4. David,

    Praise God, I feel like a new man. The Lord has brought me great encouragement and understanding of how I must live my life from now on. I belong to Jesus, and the slain lamb is worthy of his reward. The Good News will be preached from now on, and my fear of man has been replaced with desire to please Christ.

    Thank you so much again for your friendship and discipleship in the Faith. The Lord was the one who allowed you to quote "iron sharpeneth iron" when we first began to correspond. The iron has indeed been sharpened, and is now a greater weapon for the Lord to use for His glory.

    May God bless you, my friend, and may you have Shalom in Yeshua.

    In Christ,
    Jason

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. David,

    I had a great time chatting with you the other day. It really helps me sometimes to stop what I am doing and sit down to talk with a friend. I thought that our conversation was edifying and encouraging in several different ways. I thank God for the friend that you are!

    Maybe we can talk again some time. I will try to email you soon. ATG is taking up a lot of time (almost all of my free time minus practicing the guitar), and we wish to have it fully edited and printed before New Year's, if I haven't already told you that.

    You had mentioned conversing by phone. I would love to if it is possible to arrange it sometime. We can talk about details later.

    For The Kingdom of Christ,

    Jason

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Favorite Blogs. (Inclusion is not an endorsement of all the views represented.)