Tuesday, August 18, 2009

God Lives in Salta

By the way my brother also has a blog about our time in Salta. Check it out aquest4thecalling.blogspot.com This week I discovered why people do missions. When we had finished building the roof on the Church in Salta in "la Vina." The pastor shared his story of faith in God and how God had told him that help would come and how we came out of nowhere and built his roof. When he finished sharing we all felt Gods pleasure and I realized that this was the reason we do missions. It is for the pleasure of God! God was pleased with our work and that is all that counts. And like this teenager I say with him.

When I do my missionary work...it reminds me of what Eric Liddell says in the movie Chariots of Fire: "When I run, I feel God's pleasure." Well, when I do missionary work...I sense God's pleasure and feel like I am doing his will....... And for me that's what it means to live a full and fun life as a teenager. - Brantley Gunn, age 16 From the book Do Hard Things

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Favorite Blogs. (Inclusion is not an endorsement of all the views represented.)