Friday, March 5, 2010

1 Tim 1:15

"Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners--of whom I am the worst."

 Please write your thoughts on this verse. I had always thought that Paul the apostle was the only one who had the right to say things like "I am the worst of sinners," or "I am the least of all the believers." But this verse shook that idea and exposed my heart. What do you think of this verse? How does it apply to life? I have by no means grasped this one yet. How can I apply this to my life and attitudes? 


I like this quote on the same line of thought 


"To think nothing of one's self, and always to think well and highly of others, is great wisdom." Oh to be like Jesus who was a servant of all! Who wants "this" holiness?? For truly this is the depths of holiness and death to self to consider others better than ourselves. Where the love of Christ abounds in us to all men. - Words from Thomas A Kempis as quoted by Greg Gordon of sermonindex.net

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Favorite Blogs. (Inclusion is not an endorsement of all the views represented.)