Monday, July 20, 2009

God is Love

אלהים אהבה God is love (Elohim ahavah) Romans 2:4 Don’t you see how wonderfully kind, tolerant, and patient God is with you? Does this mean nothing to you? Can’t you see that his kindness is intended to turn you from your sin? (NLT) Saturday night God let me feel his love like liquid love, like oil over me. The reason this love means so much to me is that I had been feeling like I was such a sinner and that I had to get it right before God would love me like that. I could not believe that God would love me like that when I could not get this thing right with Him. But God let His love flow over me. I said, "God I do not deserve this" and more love He gave me. "I can't understand this," More love flowed over me. This is pure love with no strings attached. I was seeing God's Agape love for me. I felt like God said to my heart, "I love you like this you should love others the same way. "I have loved you to repentance you should love others to repentance. I have loved you when you did not deserve it, you should love others when they do not deserve it." I understood something I never understood in my heart before though I knew it in my head. Instead of judging others we should show them undeserved love and that will lead them to repentance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Favorite Blogs. (Inclusion is not an endorsement of all the views represented.)