Monday, November 16, 2009

A Chicken Project

My smiling face :)
I am enjoying my new life in Paraguay. I like the no-rush Latin culture here.... Let me explain why. Have you ever been in an airport and hopped on one of those conveyor belts? You know, you just walk along while zooming past everyone else who did not have the foresight to get on the belt. Well this is what it is like here. I am just walking along and feeling like I am zooming past everyone, because they are in Latin time.

This weekend however I had to learn to live on Latin time when there was no power due to the storms and also no Internet.

Isn't God so powerful to create this?
Isn't God so powerful to create this?

The floods came up and the rains came down
The floods came up and the rains came down

The internet is really useful, but you only realize how useful it is, when you do not have it. This weekend there was no internet due to some pretty nasty weather, but you know what? I kind of liked how it forced me get a book and start reading, something I had not done for a while. So I started reading The Google Story and found it quite captivating and would still be reading it now if it had not inspired me to use some innovation in my own life as I write this blog on Google Blogger. But it is hard sometimes when you can't check your Gmail and you can't Google the answers you need to your questions. I feel kind of lost without Google. 

So I have this "Chicken Project" that I have to do and I googled around and got some ideas, that was before I lost internet. I have to come up with a coop design for about 20 chickens which will not cost too much, and will not be too heavy and which will not let the "chooks" die from the rain or the hunters by night or day and will be easily replicated a number of times. Please pray that I would receive wisdom from God as I do this project. If you have any ideas please let me know.

This is what I have so far. I used a program called Google Sketch Up which is a free graphic design software that I recommend getting a hold of. Here is my sketch of a coop for the Chickens.

 

Blessings,
David Bendele






No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Favorite Blogs. (Inclusion is not an endorsement of all the views represented.)